Moving from 10% to 80% functional test automation
This session will present cutting edge technologies that enable organisations to remove automation bottlenecks, introducing widespread automation to an organisations.
We’ve been talking about doing it for years, yet automated execution rates remain low. Slow and complex scripting, a lack of skilled engineers, time-consuming test maintenance – these are just some of the barriers organisations face.
However, technologies and techniques exist today that can drive up automated test execution rates, while also increasing testing rigour.
The presentation from Curiosity will show how:
- A smart recorder can capture manual or automated test activity, capturing everything needed to test across multi-tier architecture.
- Formal flowchart models can be built automatically from the recordings, applying automated algorithms to generate a new set of tests with higher test coverage.
- Those without complex scripting skills can harness the captured objects and actions to build automated tests, quickly using drop-down menus and a visual fill-in-the-blanks approach.
- Every test can test even complex systems automatically, with a small core of automation engineers feeding a shared action pac
- Subflows enable common system components to be shared easily, along with all the data and automation logic needed to validate them. These subflows can be chained together to test new functionality rapidly using a drag-and-drop approach.
- Requirements including Gherkin specifications can be converted automatically to flowchart models, overlaying automation logic to move rapidly from new user stories to automated tests.
- “Just in time” data resolution during test execution ensures that there is always up-to-date, valid data for every automated test.
- Rigorous tests and data created from one central model can be executed across a combination of different frameworks. This “single pane of glass” approach significantly reduces test maintenance effort, while maximising the value of existing frameworks.
This approach allows organisations to work from the skillsets and technologies they have in place today. They can work out from existing islands of quality automation to implement functional test automation enterprise-wide, empowering every tester to become an effective automated tester. Sound too good to be true? Come and see for yourself!
Presentation and slides are in English.
Registration is free and is done on this page.
Time and place
Date: Tuesday 14:th of May 2019
Place: Sveavägen 52, -3tr (Lemontree Office) .
For more information, contact: Patric Helje, 0768 305 205
A “no show fee” of 200 will be invoiced if cancellation of attendance is done later than 12 h prior to the event. Registrering och frukost
8:15 Welcome- A short introduction
Patric Helje, Lemontree
8:20-9:10 Automate more, automate fast, automate accurately: moving from 10% to 80% functional test automation
Thomas Pryce – Curiosity Software
9.10 Summary, Q&A
About Lemontree Morning
Lemontree Morning is the name of our breakfast seminars. You will meet our experts that will do a lecture on a current topic. You get lots of tips on the way, opportunity to ask questions and meet colleagues with similar challanges. We also offer a really tasty breakfast.