The course alternates theory with exercises and aims to highlight important key concepts and help participants understand and practice the concepts and methods presented.
The course is accredited by ISTQB and meets the requirements of the ISTQB 2018 Foundation Level Syllabus. ISTQB CTLF is the world’s most recognised certification for testers with hundreds of thousands certified.
When the course ends, certification is offered according to the ISTQB Certified Tester Foundation Level. Anyone who holds an approved ISTQB Certified Tester Foundation Level (CTFL) certification is entitled to use the acronym Certified Tester Foundation Level (CTFL). The certification is a requirement to take higher level ISTQB certifications.
The aim of the course is to provide participants with an understanding of basic principles, create a common terminology and provide an overview of testing techniques and how to apply them.
The course also aims to prepare participants to pass the voluntary certification associated with the course.
The course provides, among other things:
- Common vocabulary
- Understanding of basic concepts in software testing
- Understanding of the pros and cons of different approaches in different contexts
- Ability to participate effectively in reviews
- Knowledge of using established techniques to design tests at all test levels
- Knowledge of interpreting and executing tests from given specifications
- Knowledge of reporting test results in a meaningful way
- Understanding of test management principles
- Training in writing and communicating clear and easy-to-understand error reports
- Understanding of project factors and how they affect choice of test approach
- Understanding and communicating the value of software testing
- Basic understanding of tool support selection and implementation
The CTFL certification is a requirement to take higher level ISTQB certifications.
Target Group and Prior Knowledge
The course is suitable for everyone who works with software testing in their daily work, but also for others who want to acquire a basic understanding of software testing. The course has no prerequisites, however, it is recommended that in addition to an interest in testing, the candidate has at least 6 months of experience in software development or software testing, for example as a developer or tester.
- The basics of testing
- Test through the software life cycle
- Static testing techniques
- Test design techniques
- Test lead
- Tool support for testing
Certification usually takes place in connection with the end of the course.
The material is in English. The course is held by Swedish and English speaking teachers.
The course is normally scheduled, but can also be customised for companies, contact us for a quote: firstname.lastname@example.org