Test Automation with Unified Functional Testing (UFT) Micro Focus
The tool UFT (formerly HP QuickTest Professional) is used for automating tests or as an RPA engine. Lemontree has very long experience in applying the tool and are certified gold partners with Micro Focus. We can therefore set up and conduct training tailored to your needs. Our teachers have extensive experience with automation and how UFT can be used to effectively automate processes.
During the training, basic functionality in the software will be reviewed, how to work in different ways where the focus will be automation of GUI tests. During the course, coding in VBScript, handling of test data via Excel data sheets and integration with ALM will also be reviewed.
Objectives of the Educationn
After completing the course, the intention is that you will know more about:
- Design of test cases and how these affect your test framework
- Sustainable automation of testing
- Basic techniques for GUI testing
- Object recognition
- Keyword management
- Verifications and checkpoints
- Data tables, parameterisation and data-driven testing
- Basic VBScript
- Error handling and troubleshooting
- Licenses and installation issues
- How execution of tests can be done in different ways
It is good to have basic knowledge in testing and programming, but the content can be adapted to your specific prior knowledge.
Agenda and content:
- Review and review of structure UFT, windows and views, file handling and formats.
- Concept for Test, Actions, Function library and Application Area.
- Handling Actions, Steps and Functions. Object Recognition and Object Repository Review Keyword view and Expert View.
- Running tests and analysing results
- Data table and parameterisation globally and for actions and test objects.
- Object repository merge tool, Object repository comparison tool.
- Review error handling and common automation issues.
The training sessions with briefings are normally interspersed with exercises, own tasks and discussions.
The course is normally completed in three days, but can be shortened or extended if desired.
Contact email@example.com for more information.